Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 140

Thread: Filmmaking for peace...

  1. #121
    Alex
    Guest Alex's Avatar

    Post

    Uh Matt, you triple-posted your last message, once is enough. (it is easy and considerate of you to delete two of the three mirror messages.)

    Wow, now you are saying that when I accuse you of implying "America, love it or leave it", that I am trying to abridge your right to free speech.

    Conservatives use this line to try and shut-up liberals all the time..but if a liberal uses it when it begins to sound like the Conservative is about to use this statement, then according to the Conservative, the liberal is shutting up the Conservative's right to free speech.

    I guess that pretty much puts it right back in the conservative's corner to use the phrase as needed.

    Perhaps you have said that we aren't perfect in this country, but I don't think I have heard you say even once that this country needs to be better than it already is.

    I don't care how awful all the alternatives could have been to the US as a supreme power, the best should still be getting better, and this country was not getting better, it was getting more and more self-absorbed.

    ------------------
    Alex

  2. #122
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    digvid, that's a dead link.
    Is it correct?

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  3. #123
    MovieStuff
    Guest MovieStuff's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alex:
    Uh Matt, you triple-posted your last message, once is enough. (it is easy and considerate of you to delete two of the three mirror messages.)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Uh Alex, you double-posted your last message, once is enough. (it is easy and considerate of you to delete one of the two mirror messages.)

    Roger

  4. #124
    digvid
    Guest digvid's Avatar

    Post

    It isn't a dead link, it just won't link from my posting. Cut-and-paste the link into your browser and it should work!

    - digvid

    ------------------

  5. #125
    digvid
    Guest digvid's Avatar

    Post

    Matt -

    Try this link:
    http://usinfo.state.gov/regional/nea/iraq/iraq99.htm

    I think the problem was that I ended the sentence containing the link with a period. The browser passes the period as part of the link to the browser, causing an error. I hope the above link should work (I left off the period).

    - digvid

    ------------------

  6. #126
    Mr Blackstock
    Guest Mr Blackstock's Avatar

    Post

    As surely as sleeping dogs deserve to stay sleeping, does'nt this topic deserve the same? While there appear to be many answers, people seem to have wandered from the question. Two millenia have passed with the same issues and answers, possibly another will pass with the same answers being offered.

    ------------------

  7. #127
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Alex:
    [B]" I don't care how awful all the alternatives could have been to the US as a supreme power, the best should still be getting better, and this country was not getting better, it was getting more and more self-absorbed. "


    Alex, there's a big difference between saying there is room for improvement in America, and saying everything that is wrong in the world is America's fault.

    You are in the crowd that thinks if there is one person starving in the world, if there is a war anywhere, if anyone kills innocent people (even when it's THEM killing OUR innocent people) that it is America's fault, and you go to great lengths to make these bizarre connections, like blaming the terrorist actions on American Corporations.
    Your logic is so faulty it's beyond belief, and this is WAY beyond stating that there is room for improvement in America.

    One significant improvement would be for pompous, video-shooters to stop pretending to be film experts, when they don't even shoot ANY FILM!

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  8. #128
    MovieStuff
    Guest MovieStuff's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt Pacini:

    One significant improvement would be for pompous, video-shooters to stop pretending to be film experts, when they don't even shoot ANY FILM!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    AND for said video shooters to stop feeding the 'evil corporations' of the world by buying video editing equipment from foreign manufacturers at inflated credit card prices.

    But then, that kind of introspection is only applicable to everyone else, right? wink

    Roger

  9. #129
    Alex
    Guest Alex's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt Pacini:
    [B][QUOTE]Originally posted by Alex:
    " I don't care how awful all the alternatives could have been to the US as a supreme power, the best should still be getting better, and this country was not getting better, it was getting more and more self-absorbed. "

    Alex, there's a big difference between saying there is room for improvement in America, and saying everything that is wrong in the world is America's fault.

    Matt Pacini
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Well now, didn't I just say that.

    And as for our corporations, they are enslaved to the shareholder, who doesn't give a rat arse about ethics.

    Chassy, see what you started.



    ------------------
    Alex

  10. #130
    MovieStuff
    Guest MovieStuff's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alex:

    First of all, I bought all of my high ticket purchase items LOCALLY....paid my state taxes, unlike the majority of people who buy out of state to avoid state sales tax.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    So what? The 'evil corporations' have many agents and many mouths you can feed it through,if you choose to and you do.

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alex:

    Secondly, by buying locally, I help keep the local business in business, they employee people, and the business pay taxes.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Ahhhh. More people feeding the 'evil corporations'you speak of. Very good for the dark side. You have come far, my son. Embrace the power.

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alex:

    Thirdly, it's not as if I have chosen foreign over american, there is no american alternative.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Nah. If you mean what you say all the time and not just when it's convenient, then the "American Alternative" is to not buy these products at all! No one is forcing you to work in video. You like your toys.

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alex:

    But I do try to conserve gas, and recently was able to up miles per gallon on my car from 22 to 27.5 miles per gallon.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    You don't have to drive. I know many people that have the commitments you aspire to and they don't even own a car. But, again, you like having a car.

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alex:

    Every little bit helps.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Good mantra. I'm sure it helps reduce the feelings of guilt every time you help pollute the environent by shooting K40 or buying another plastic item or driving your car to go pick up any of the toys or above items that you supposedly have no choice in buying.

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alex:

    And of course, the issue isn't anyone being better than anyone else, it never was,
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Are you sure you don't consider SOMEone better than everyone else, Alex?

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alex:

    the issue has been just reduce our dependence on other countries resources whenever possible and practical,
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Uh, you mean "convenient", not practical.

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alex:

    rather than simply accuse them of being jealous to our "superior" way of life and believing our stuff doesn't stink in the least.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Our way of life is superior or you would be posting your comments in the native language of the country you find better than the U.S.

    Beyond that, I think our stuff stinks less because it isn't processed through a body filled with hate, envy and religious fanaticism.

    Roger


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •